As one of Florida’s oldest personal injury law firms, we have seen many lives destroyed by the reckless decision of others to drink and drive.
This is why we believe the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign, spearheaded by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), is not only crucial but lifesaving. It aims to curb the alarming number of alcohol-impaired driving fatalities by intensifying law enforcement’s efforts during the most dangerous times of the year.
During the enforcement period of August 16 to September 4, 2023, you’ll see an increased presence of law enforcement officers throughout Palm Beach and Martin counties. The intent is clear: If you’re under the influence, you’ll be pulled over, arrested, and prosecuted.
Drunk driving is a crime that’s entirely preventable. As a community, let’s commit to protecting each other by heeding the warning of the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign and contributing to the safety of our roads.
- Plan ahead: Before you have even one drink, designate a sober driver to get you home safely. If you wait until you’ve been drinking to make this decision, you might not make the best one.
- You have options to get home safely: designate a sober driver or call a taxi or rideshare.
- If it’s your turn to be the designated driver, take your job seriously and don’t drink.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, call 911.
- If you have a friend who is about to drink and drive, take the keys away and let a sober driver get your friend home safely.
If you have been injured in a drunk driving accident and need advice on what steps you should take next, the experienced team at Lesser, Lesser, Landy and Smith can help. Call us at 1-977-LAW-LLLS for a free consultation or chat with us online at www.lesserlawfirm.com.