STEVEN J. CLARFIELD
Steven J. Clarfield is a partner with Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC, who works in our Boca Raton and West Palm Beach offices and focuses his practice solely on representing people who have been injured due to negligence or carelessness of others.
Steve spent nearly two decades representing insurance companies and other corporate interests where he gained a vast amount of experience and understanding as to how they operate. He uses that industry knowledge to obtain the best possible results for his clients.
Steve’s extensive trial experience stems from years working as the Managing Attorney for GEICO Insurance Company’s Palm Beach County Staff Counsel Operations. Steve’s office was responsible for the majority of GEICO’s personal injury litigation in Palm Beach County for more than a decade. Steve is proud to have been honored by GEICO for “most jury trials” by a Managing Attorney.
Steve’s legal career spans more than 30 years, beginning with the firm Beverly & Freeman (later known as Beverly, Tittle & Clarfield) where he handled cases involving legal ethics, appeals and personal injury. Steve also worked as a Senior Trial Attorney at Sellers, Marion & Bachi, handling the defense of complex personal injury litigation, negligent security, products liability, and wrongful death cases. In 2008, Steve founded a practice that focused on litigation for insurance companies and later expanded into commercial litigation representing mortgage loan servicing companies. Under Steve’s leadership, the firm grew into a multi-state practice with hundreds of employees.
A native of New York, Steve moved to Boca Raton in 1980, graduating from Boca Raton Community High School and then the University of Florida. Steve earned his Juris Doctorate from Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad College of Law in 1991.
Steve believes strongly in giving back to the community and serves in leadership roles for several non-profit organizations, including the Adolph & Rose Levis JCC, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and The Rotary Club of Boca Raton.
With his wife Dana, and children Katie, Sara & Ben, they have also devoted time to philanthropic causes including the American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, Big Brothers/Sisters, March of Dimes, Trustbridge Hospice, United Way of Palm Beach County, St. Jude, Kate’s Club, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, and many other worthy causes.
- The Florida Bar (1991)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Boca Raton Observer Top Lawyer (2023)
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Lawyers Network, South Palm Beach County Chapter
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator (2019)
- Adolph & Rose Levis JCC – Director and member of the Executive, Finance and East Side Committees (Current)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Government Relations Advisory Committee (Current)
- Rotary Club of Boca Raton – Director and Membership Chair (2021 – 2022)
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce – Trustee (2019 – 2020)
- Boca Helping Hands – Job Mentor Volunteer (2019 – 2020)
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D. (1991)
- The University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts (1988)
- Boca Raton Community High School (1984)