Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith is a third-generation personal injury law firm with 96 years of dedication to helping people who have experienced trauma due to the carelessness or negligence of others. Our team of skilled trial attorneys in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington and Stuart practice law with professionalism, integrity, ethics, and a commitment to personal client service. Our firm represents the needs of clients throughout Florida in personal injury, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, negligent security matters and wrongful death cases, guiding them through every step of the legal process and delivering the best results for their case.
Our attention to detail, along with a proven record of success, has earned us an unparalleled reputation. As a result, we can rely solely on referrals from clients and professionals in the community. We do no formal advertising as we believe that a job well done, and a client well served, is the best way to generate new business and grow our firm.
Beginning in 1927, the Firm has spent the last 95 years earning the experience,
skill and reputation necessary to represent you and your family during this difficult time.
Our service to the community is our best investment.
Integrity is the core of our relationships with our clients.
Almost a century as a referral-based firm proves how satisfied our clients are.
Every action we take is tailored to deliver the best possible outcome.
The empathy we show converts our clients into friends.
You don’t hire a lawyer. You hire a team.
Our Credentials and Experience:
- Over 300 years of combined legal experience
- Decades of trial experience
- Managing Partner is the current President of The Florida Bar
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating in ethics and legal ability
- Verdict settlements that total in the hundreds of millions of dollars
- Firm attorneys with Board Certification in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Firm attorneys with Board Certification as a Specialist in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar
- Attorneys spent years defending the insurance industry before representing the interests of the injured and their families
- Attorneys serve in leadership roles of legal and civic organizations
- Cases often referred by other attorneys who handle other types of law or practice law in other jurisdictions.
- Referrals from current and former clients, other professionals, and friends in the community when their friends and family need a personal injury attorney
Awards and Honors
Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC is frequently recognized for professionalism, integrity, ethics, client satisfaction and leadership in the legal community. These awards are a testament to our hard work as a team, as well as our attorney’s individual accomplishments.
Our awards and honors include:
- U.S. News and World Report; Best Law Firm
- The Best Lawyers in America; Personal Injury Litigation and Insurance Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Attorney
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Gold
- Lawdragon 500; Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America
- Florida Super Lawyers; Personal Injury Law
- Florida Trends; Legal Elite Hall of Fame
- The National Trial Lawyer; Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- America’s Top 100 Medical Malpractice Litigators
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys
- Daily Business Review; Trial Lawyers Hall of Fame
- Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Association; Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Lawyer for the State of Florida
- American Academy of Attorneys – Best of Florida
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys; 10 Best Law Firm Client Satisfaction
We have been representing injured plaintiffs and their families in and around the West Palm Beach, Stuart, Boca Raton and Wellington areas since we opened our doors in 1927. We understand just how difficult this process can be. Our team of experienced lawyers will be at your side throughout the entirety of your matter to provide personal communication as we guide you and your family toward recovery and compensation. Below is a brief overview of what the road to your injury recovery may entail.
Investigating the Accident
The investigation of an injury accident should ideally occur as soon as possible after the accident. Once you retain our firm’s services, we will begin investigating the facts of the accident and the resulting injuries. This can involve examining the accident scene, analyzing physical evidence related to the scene (e.g. damaged vehicles), discussing the accident with you and any eyewitnesses, and speaking with any defendants, their lawyers and insurance companies.
Building Your Injury Case
As we investigate the facts of your accident, we will begin building the legal case for why you are entitled to monetary damages. In Florida, this often requires showing that a defendant breached a legal duty owed to you by acting wrongly or failing to act. For example, motorists and boat operators have a legal duty to operate their vehicle in a reasonable manner to prevent injury to bystanders, passengers, and other foreseeable plaintiffs. Likewise, property owners in Florida have a duty to guests to inspect their property for potential dangers and make the property safe.
Once a legal duty and breach of that duty have been established, we will work to show that the defendant’s actions were the legal cause of your injuries. In many cases, proving causation may be straightforward, but in other cases it can be more challenging. Defendants will often try to argue that another party caused the accident, and frequently will attempt to place blame on the plaintiff. Importantly, in Florida, even where the plaintiff may be partially at fault, the plaintiff can often recover at least a portion of the compensation owed.
Finally, our focus will be on proving the full range of your damages. As an injured plaintiff in a successful injury action, you should be entitled to recovery for all your damages, including past and future medical bills, lost income and reduced earning potential, pain and suffering, and so on. Proving these damages in court before a jury can be challenging, but our team of skill trial attorneys have decades of experience in arguing for and winning the full damages owed to a plaintiff.
Settlement and Trial
Throughout the time we are investigating and building your case, our lawyers will be working to obtain recovery for you as soon as possible. In many cases, a defendant will agree to a settlement without trial based on the strength of your case. If the defendant is unwilling to provide a reasonable settlement, the case may proceed to trial. At that time, evidence will be presented before a judge and jury, who will make a determination about your claims. We have extensive courtroom experience, and we will fight for every penny you are owed.