Joseph B. Landy
Shareholder, Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC
Joseph “Joe” Landy is a shareholder in Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC, and a Nationally Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney with more than 29 years of litigation experience.
Following several years defending insurance companies, Joe’s focus shifted to protecting the injured and their families. He joined the team at Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC on Oct. 1, 2001 as a shareholder, and has been using his extensive trial and litigation experience to benefit victims of negligence ever since.
Joe’s practice is focused on representing individuals who have suffered personal injuries or wrongful death, including nursing home negligence, medical malpractice, catastrophic injuries, product liability, consumer class actions, and motor vehicle accident litigation.
Joe is the recipient of dozens of national awards, most recently recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, America’s Top 100 Medical Malpractice Litigators, 2022 Lawyer of the Year by the American Institute of Legal Professionals, and 2022 Florida Super Lawyers.
A native of Pittsburgh, PA., Joe attended the University of Pittsburgh and graduated with a dual degree in economics and business. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University in New York City, and in a single week, he passed the Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and multi-state bar exams. Joe was admitted to The Florida Bar in 1994, and is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar, as well as the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Joe is married to his wife of 28 years, Ina, with whom he shares two children, Tyler and Sasha.
- Board Certified and Re-Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar
- Board Certified and Re-Certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- The Florida Bar (1994)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida (1997)
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida (2005)
- New York (1994)
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania (1993)
- United States District Court, Western District of New Jersey (1993)
- New Jersey (1993)- Inactive
- Pennsylvania (1994)- Inactive
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell for the highest level of legal ability and ethics since 2002
- The Best Lawyers in America; listed in the specialty of Personal Injury Litigation
- The Lawdragon 500; Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers in America
- U.S. News and World Report “Best Law Firm” (2013 – Present)
- Palm Beach Illustrated Top Lawyer (2023)
- America’s Top 100 Medical Malpractice Litigators 2022
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Litigators 2021
- American Institute of Trial Lawyers; Litigator of the Year 2020
- American Board of Trial Advocates; Palm Beach Chapter
- The National Trial Lawyers; listed as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- Florida Super Lawyers; Personal Injury Law
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine
- Florida’s Top Lawyers; Personal Injury Law
- Lawyers of Distinction; Personal Injury Law
- Daily Business Review, Trial Lawyers Hall of Fame.
- Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Association; listed as a Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Lawyer
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys; 10 Best Attorneys – Florida
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys; Top 10 Attorney – Florida
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Legal Community Involvement
- Palm Beach County Bar Association Personal Injury and Wrongful Death CLE Committee, Chairperson (2018 – 2019)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association, Board of Directors (2004 – 2006)
- Oakstone Academy of Palm Beach, President
- Autism Speaks, Prior Corporate Chair of Walk Now for Autism Speaks
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies, Prior Member of the Board of Directors
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, Prior Board Member of the Young Leadership Division
- Jewish Community Center of the Greater Palm Beaches, Prior Member of the Board of Directors
- Direct Examination of an Economist
- Understanding Mental Anguish Damages
- Damages in Injury and Wrongful Death Cases Involving the Physically and Mentally Challenged
- Nursing Home Litigation 101
- Nursing Home Cases in a Nutshell
- J.D. Yeshiva University, Cardozo School of Law, Member Moot Court Board (1993)
- B.A. in Economics and Business, University of Pittsburgh (1990)
- Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Married to Ina since 1994. Two children: Tyler and Sasha