STUART PREMISES LIABILITY
STUART PREMISES LIABILITY LAWYER
Residents and visitors spend a lot of time at shops, restaurants, and other attractions in the Stuart, FL area, without realizing that there can be safety risks all around. Slips, trips, falls, and other injuries on property can cause serious injuries when owners don’t take action to make sure the area is free of hazards. These types of injuries are common, according to the US Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Statistics show that accidental falls are the top reasons that people visited the ER in 2017, at almost 8.6 million victims.
If you were hurt because of dangerous conditions on property, you may be entitled to recover compensation under Florida law. The process of filing a claim can be challenging, so it’s wise to trust a Stuart premises liability lawyer to protect your interests. To learn more about your rights, please contact Lesser, Lesser Landy & Smith PLLC to schedule a free consultation today.
Legal Basis of Premises Liability Claims in Florida
At its core, premises liability is a type of personal injury case that focuses on a property owner’s duty to keep the area safe for visitors, guests, and others. Most of these claims are based upon negligence, so you must show four essential elements to recover compensation. A slip and fall attorney can assist with proving:
- A duty on the behalf of the property owner, occupier, manager, a landlord, tenant, event promoter or other entity in control of the premises;
- A breach of this duty through careless or reckless maintenance of the property;
- The breach led to the accident in which you were injured; and,
- You sustained losses as a result of being hurt.
By proving these sets of facts, you may be entitled to obtain monetary damages to cover your losses in a premises liability case. It’s possible to recover for your medical bills, lost wages and other out-of-pocket expenses. Plus, you could receive amounts for pain, suffering, and related damages.
How Slip and Fall Accidents Happen
In light of the essential elements of a premises liability case, you may understand how negligence can cause injuries. Examples of the breach of legal duty might include:
- Not making repairs to broken aisles, sidewalks, stairs, driveways, and other surfaces that people might walk upon;
- Failing to inspect the property for dangerous conditions;
- Neglecting to clean up spills;
- Allowing equipment, inventory, debris, and other items to clutter up the space;
- Leaving loose wiring exposed; and,
- Many other types of negligence.
Contact a Stuart Premises Liability Lawyer Regarding Your Claim
For more information on your rights and remedies after being injured on property, please contact Lesser, Lesser Landy & Smith PLLC. Our firm represents slip and fall victims in Martin County and throughout Eastern Florida from our offices in Stuart, FL. You can reach us at 772-283-6839 or fill out on online form to set up a no-cost consultation. A member of our team can explain how premises liability cases work and guide you through the claims process.