Labor Day celebrates the many contributions workers have made to America’s strength, prosperity and well-being. Sadly, the celebrations have resulted in traffic crashes and deaths on U.S. roads as people travel during the holiday period.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) urges a simple, five-point plan to enjoy a responsible, safe weekend:
- Plan a safe and sober ride home before drinking alcohol.
- Don’t let someone get behind the wheel if that person has been drinking.
- If you’re hosting a party, make sure everyone has a sober ride home.
- Always wear your seat belt. It’s your best defense against impaired drivers.
- If you see a drunk driver, call 911.
Celebrate safely and know the team at Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith, PLLC is here to help if you or a loved one is injured due to the negligence of others.