CHAD C. HASTINGS
For Chad Hastings, hustle hit and never quit has as much meaning in a courtroom as it does on a tennis court.
Chad’s love of tennis is matched only by his passion for helping injured clients and their families get the compensation they deserve. His significant jury trial experience spans more than two decades of representing plaintiffs in personal injury and commercial litigation cases.
Since joining the Firm in 2007, Chad has been inducted into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the country. Membership is limited to lawyers who have won million and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
Chad started his legal career as an associate with a prominent state-wide personal injury law firm, where he secured significant settlements, punitive damage claims, and jury awards for his clients. He also previously worked at a North Miami Beach firm where he started their personal injury department and argued cases before the First District Court of Appeals.
Born in New Jersey and raised in Port St. Lucie, Chad graduated from the University of Central Florida in 1997 and earned his J.D. in 2001 from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University.
When he is not on the tennis court or watching his son develop his love of the sport, Chad enjoys giving back to the community through volunteer work. He is a volunteer CCD proctor at his parish home St. Peter Catholic Church in Jupiter and previously served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for Surfers for Autism II. He is also the past president of the Martin County Bar Association and Treasure Coast Justice Association.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2009)
- United States District Court for the Middle of Florida (2009)
- The Florida Bar (2002)
- The Georgia Bar (2001)
- Client Champion Silver; Martindale-Hubbell (2023)
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell for the highest level of legal ability and ethics
- Best Lawyers ®️ in America (2022)
- Lawdragon 500; Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers in America (2022 – Present)
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers magazine (2012 – Present)
- U.S. News and World Report “Best Law Firm” (2013 – Present)
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine (2015 – Present)
- Treasure Coast Justice Association, “The Hastings Award”, for dedication to the personal injury legal community, professionalism, and ethics (2017)
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Top 10 Attorney Award (2013)
- United Way of Martin County “Employee Pillar of Character” Award (2011 – 2012)
- Florida Rising Stars, Florida Super Lawyers magazine (2010)
- Florida Justice Association (2007 – Present)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association (2007 – Present)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association (2007 – Present)
- Justice Major B. Harding, American Inn of Court (2007 – Present)
- The Martin County Bar Association: President (2015 – 2016); Vice-President (2014 – 2015); Treasurer (2013 – 2014); Secretary (2012 – 2013); Co-Chairman, Social Committee (2010 – 2011);
- Treasure Coast Justice Association: President (2010 – 2016)
- Trial Lawyers Committee (2009 – 2010)
Legal Community Involvement
Legal Aid of Martin County Board Member (2017 – Present)
- Catholic Lawyers Guild of Palm Beach County; Board Member (Present)
- Surfers For Autism II, Immediate Past Chair (2021 – Present); Chairman of the Board (2019 – 2021)
- LEADERship Martin County Board Member (2017 – 2021)
- United Way of Martin County: Immediate Past Chair (2018 – 2019); Board Chair (2017 – 2018); Fundraising Chair, (2015 – 2016); Board Member, (2010 – 2019); Fundraising Cabinet Member (2007)
- Martin County Healthy Start Coalition (2013)
- Martin County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Martin County, Class 20 (2010)
- Whole Child Connection of Martin County, Board Member (2008 – 2015)
- Building Your Civil Trial Skills, presenter for “How to Avoid Common Ethical Pitfalls”, National Business Institute
- Legal Responsibility for Non-Profit Boards (2017, 2018, 2021)
- Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, J.D. (2001)
- University of Central Florida, B.S. Finance (1997)
- Born in Teaneck, New Jersey; raised in Port St. Lucie, Florida; Married to Carrie Ann since 2007; two children, Landon & Alessandra